Northgate Housing Consultant – Plymouth
- Full Time
- South West
- £300-£400 per day
BRC Social housing are currently recruiting for an experienced Northgate Housing Consultant for one of our key clients in Devon.
This is a temporary interim appointment working 37 hours per week offering a daily rate of £300-£400 per day LTD, depending on experience.
Summary of Northgate Housing Consultant role:
To support, configure, develop and maintain the business applications portfolio to enable the organisation to achieve its business objectives.
The principle functions of this role are:
• To ensure that the suite of integrated applications is maintained, operated and administered to an appropriate standard.
• To develop and implement system enhancements and application interfaces according to corporate software development standards.
• The design and development of the systems integration architecture for all business systems.
• To maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s integrated systems architecture, and all associated interfaces and integration components
• To provide 2nd / 3rd line support as required.
Key Tasks for the Northgate Housing Consultant role:
• Develop, administer and maintain all systems in accordance with the suppliers’ instructions, clients’ requirements and corporate software development standards.
• Contribute to the organisation’s business systems strategy and roadmap.
• Proactively seek to propose and design improvements and efficiencies to the integrated systems architecture and all associated components.
• Produce system design documents and program specifications to agreed standards for own use and for other team members.
• Customisation of applications and their interfaces, primarily Northgate.
• Share responsibility for monitoring, supporting and troubleshooting of out of hours and weekend batch processes
• Manage and maintain all tools, interfaces and platforms used to coordinate and control the transfer of data.
• Support and development of data import and export routines (rents, etc.)
• Ensure the integrity and security of data being transferred between applications and with external organisations.
• Provide technical application support to end users and the IT department.
• Provide the technical knowledge, expertise and skill to carry out or assist with application installations, upgrades, patches and enhancements.
• Plan and supervise system implementations and upgrades of business critical applications.
• Seek opportunities to consolidate applications, scripts and databases where there is duplication of information or functionality.
• Develop scripts and interfaces to automate tasks and processes.
• Define and develop clear and accurate forms, reports and queries.
• Root cause analysis of incidents and implementation of solutions.
• Systems administration and performance monitoring.
• Assist with the maintenance of a comprehensive and up to date database of information relating to the organisation’s application inventory.
• Document existing business system applications, processes and procedures.
• Manage medium to large projects, and ensure projects are carried out and documented according to the corporate project management methodology.
• Contribute to the development of software development standards, change and release management processes.
• Contribute to the development of the systems knowledge base and documentation repository.
• Support and advise Technical Application Support Analyst – Level 1 and Level 2 where appropriate.
• Work closely with the IT service desk and infrastructure support team to deliver an exceptional level of customer service.
• Ensure all changes are made in accordance with the change control process.
• Ensure system and user security procedures are followed.
• Create thorough and effective test plans.
• Carry out thorough and effective testing according to test plans
• Assist in the development and testing of robust disaster recovery plans.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with system suppliers, owners and users as well as within the IT department.
To be considered for the role of Nothgate Housing Consultant, it is essential that you have:
• Considerable experience of working with Northgate Housing
• Experience of working in a professional IT environment, significantly in an application support role
• Experience of working with and supporting multiple applications
• Software development experience
• Understanding of and exposure to the full Software Development Life Cycle
• Knowledge of PL/SQL, T-SQL, PowerShell, XML, Unix shell script
• Knowledge of MS-SQL Server and Oracle database platforms and their management tools
• Understanding of the importance and criticality of systems integration components, data transfer programs and batch processes
• A knowledge and understanding of IT security
• Knowledge of a complex integrated IT business systems architecture and how it supports business processes
• Knowledge of relational database platforms, systems integration techniques and reporting
• Ability to design and develop a complex integrated IT business systems architecture
• SQL skills
• Proven ability to support and maintain systems integration components, scripts and programs
• Ability to promptly and effectively investigate incidents, determine the root cause of any problems and design and implement solutions
• Ability to engage with business users and senior managers to discuss, define and agree all aspects of project management
• Ability to carry out systems analysis and engage with business users to discuss, define and agree functional requirements
• Ability to follow agreed software development standards and change and release management processes
• Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritise work appropriately according to the needs of the business
• Confidence and ability to engage with business users to discuss issues or requests for change
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Client focused and support orientated
• Programming and scripting skills
Northgate Housing Consultant jobs in the South West are dealt with by our experienced consultant Mark Grove. Mark can be contacted at BRC Social Housing by calling 0117 923 9100 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location Plymouth
- Salary £300-£400 per day
- Close Date 20170210
- Contact Name Mark Grove
- Contact Details 01179239100 email@example.com